Apcoflor 5000 SL
A three-component solvent-free, self-levelling epoxy specially designed as a tough heavy duty coating for the reinforcement and protection of concrete floors.
- New concrete should be left for 28 days to cure before coating.
- The concrete should be prepared by shot/grit blasting or scrabbling to provide for a rough surface profile.
- Blowholes and other defects in the concrete should be filled with suitable solventless epoxy filler.
- The surface to be coated should be sound, dry and free from all foreign matter such as dirt, dust, oil and grease.
- Apply a coat Apcoflor 1000 primer to seal the concrete surface prior to application of Apcoflor 5000 SL.
- For application over aged epoxy flooring, thorough sanding is required. All loose and flaking coatings should be taken back to a firm edge.
- Apcoflor 5000 SL flooring is supplied in 3 pre-weighed packs (base, hardener and aggregate) which are ready for immediate on-site use. Part mixing of these components is not acceptable and will affect both performance and appearance of the finished floor.
- A suitable power driven mixer such as a bucket mixer is recommended for uniform mixing of the screed material. Stir the base and hardener separately. Blend the aggregates in the bag. Mix hardener gradually into the base under continuous stirring.
- Mix the aggregates into the mixed resin portion uniformly under continuous mechanical agitation. Mix well for 3-4 minutes till the components become homogenous.
- Apply after induction time and before expiry of pot life.
0.3Sqm/L @ 2mm**
On well-prepared surfaces, as per the painting system recommended. Please refer to the Product Data Sheet for surface preparation and method of application.
** Actual coverage may vary from the quoted coverage due to factors such as method and condition of application, surface roughness, and porosity.
Quick Drying/Fast Curing
Paint film dries/cures quickly leading to improved productivity.
Resistant to spillage and splash of general industrial chemicals.
Low VOC environment friendly paint.
Non Toxic Finish
Non-Toxic coating suitable for contact with potable water and in the food industry.
Make Your Plan
Let us design a project plan
to suit your needs.