A solvent free epoxy-polyamide mastic corrosion barrier coating designed for use on those areas of marine structures where maintenance with traditional coatings is very difficult.
- Remove all wax, oil and grease by solvent cleaning in accordance with the guidelines given by SSPC-SP1.
- Wherever necessary, remove weld spatter and round off all rough weld seams and sharp edges to a smooth surface.
- Abrasive blast clean to a minimum standard of Sa2½ (ISO 8501-1:1988) or SSPC-SP6.
- Any surface defects revealed by blast cleaning should be ground, filled or treated in a suitable manner.
- After blasting, remove dust from the surface.
- The surface to be coated must be clean and dry.
- Apply Epilux 825 immediately after blasting to prevent oxidation and recontamination of the steel surface. In case of oxidation or recontamination, re-blast to the required standard.
Mix both components together until a uniform grey colour is achieved. The coating may be applied by hand smearing to a thickness of 3-6mm. The preferred application technique is to apply a 'ring' or 'doughnut' to the structural members above the water line and then smearing it down uniformly to and below the water line, remembering to ensure the “feather edge” the top and bottom of the coating to the member.
0.17 Sqm/L @ 6000 Microns**
On well-prepared surfaces, as per the painting system recommended. Please refer to the Product Data Sheet for surface preparation and method of application.
** Actual coverage may vary from the quoted coverage due to factors such as method and condition of application, surface roughness, and porosity.
Does not permit water permeation (seeping in or entering) thereby protecting the subtrate from surface moisture intrusion.
Formulated with anti-corrosive pigments which inhibit corrosion providing long term corrosion protection.
Resistant to spillage and splash of general industrial chemicals.
Compatible with Cathodic Protection
Compatible with Cathodic Protection.
Make Your Plan
Let us design a project plan
to suit your needs.